We have plenty of options every day for everyone. Our current class offerings are in studio, beach, livestream virtual & pre-recorded.
We are asking each person to review these requirements and adhere to them while attending classes at Monmouth Beach Yoga & Wellness. Any person not in compliance with these requirements, or doesn’t follow the guidelines will not be permitted to enter the studio. As always, your health and safety are our top priority.
Just remember to get on your mat and practice.. We do this for our CommUNITY!
Stretch + Strengthen
This class is a combination of yoga and strength training. It is designed to tone and stretch every major muscle group, build strength, stability, flexibility, and rejuvenate the entire body. Sometimes free weights, resistance bands & other props are used to intensify the practice, add definition, and tone the body. Burn calories, build healthy bone density and leave feeling calm, strong, and energized for the day. Suitable for Everyone. Beginner Friendly
Stretch, Strengthen + Balance
This class teaches appropriate strengthening exercises and stretches for all levels and provides techniques designed to improve your balance. We will work amplifying the body’s movement through these practices. By learning how to move the body in a healthy way, one can reduce pain, improve body awareness, avoid injury, and reinforce proper movement principles. Beginner Friendly!
Stretch + Breathe
This class is designed to help you feel more grounded, calm, and at ease in your body and mind. A slow practice with gentle stretches and mindful movement, breathing practices, simple resting poses, and guided meditation. Suitable for Everyone. Beginner Friendly!
Move Twist Lift into Asana
This class is designed to stretch, strengthen, and lengthen the muscles for proper alignment in our practice and in our life. Each class will begin with a consistent set of exercises to strengthen the core and build good posture, followed by an in-depth exploration of a different area of the body & proper alignment for fundamental poses. The class will leave you feeling empowered and energized. There are modifications and variations offered for all poses so that the intensity and challenge is up to the student. Fun music & laughter to help strengthen the core. Come and have fun! Plan to Sweat. Intermediate Class.
Kundalini Yoga is a combination of movement, breath (pranayama), meditation, and chanting. Its goal is to make the body stronger, more energetic, and increase your level of self-awareness and consciousness. The Kundalini is untapped energy, coiled at the base of the spine. This energy can be drawn up through the body, awakening each of the seven chakras. Full enlightenment occurs when this energy reaches the crown chakra at the top of the head. Beginner Friendly!
This class is a strength building practice. Allow precise alignment and breath work to provide for a well-balanced experience. Expect to be challenged and opened in your mind, body, and soul. We transition seamlessly from pose to pose in a safe, mindful manner, and allow enough time for modifications and alignment awareness. You will love this practice. All levels are welcome. Should have some yoga experience.
This is an all-level class that will help build strength, flexibility, and balance. A challenging practice which uses strong sequencing, linking breath to movement that will teach fundamental yoga postures that create a successful yoga practice. The class will leave you feeling empowered and energized. There are modifications and variations offered for all poses, so the intensity and challenge are up to the student. Fun music & laughter to help strengthen the core. Come and have fun! Intermediate-Advanced Class.
Barre (Floor Barre, Power Barre & Barre)
Barre is a total body toning workout. With high-reps and low-impact movements, barre challenges anyone looking to fine tune their muscles. Our barre workout is designed to trim, tighten, and tone your entire body with an emphasis on defining your glutes and legs. This workout is also great for toning your upper body and core. Using small, controlled movements, isometric holds and high repetition, you can develop a strong, long, and lean physique. Plan to Sweat. All levels welcome.
Yin Yoga (deep stretch)
This is a therapeutic class that is meditative, slow paced, and helps balance a daily active lifestyle. We will explore long deep stretching to enhance flexibility and joint mobility while encouraging healing and realigning the body’s connective tissues. All levels are welcome. Beginner Friendly!
This class is a marriage of Vinyasa Yoga with the receptive Yin Yoga. Active, yet grounding sun salutations and standing flows are offered in the first half of class to enliven the body and chase away any fatigue. The Yin half of class offers passive, seated, and supine poses that are held from 3-5 minutes on each side. The Yin aspect helps to switch off fight-or-flight mode, promoting balance throughout the nervous system and allowing for a sense of peace and relaxation. Are you curious? Great, that’s a big part of yoga! Join us in the studio. All levels welcome.
This practice typically involves moving meditation, coordinating slow-flowing movement, deep rhythmic breathing, and a calm meditative state of mind. All levels welcome.
Beach Yoga (seasonal)
This class is gentle stretching and mindful movement. We meet on the beach at the corner of Cottage & Ocean Avenue in Monmouth Beach (just North of Monmouth Beach Bath & Tennis.) You can walk, ride bike or drive, and park on Cottage Ave or go up a block to Sailors Way. You can also park on Beach Road or in the studio lot and walk to the beach. Suitable for Everyone
● We ask that if you are feeling even slightly unwell or exhibit any symptoms including, but not limited to: fever, chills, chest pain, cough, sore throat, vomiting or rash, do not sign up for the class. Do not attend class.
● Your temperature will be taken before every class using a touchless thermometer at the door. Any student with an elevated temperature over 99.4 degree will not be permitted to enter the studio.
● All students are asked to keep proper hand sanitation in mind while at the studio. Sanitation should be done upon arrival, and when departing the studio.
● The studio prop inventory is no longer available for use due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All students MUST bring their own props: i.e. mats, blankets, blocks, bolsters, bands and weights. Props are also for sale at the studio.
● For the safety of staff and fellow students, social distancing guidelines MUST be followed. Staff and students will be required to wear a mask upon entering and exiting the studio and while walking around the studio. Students may choose to remove masks during class or keep them on at their discretion. When using the bathroom, students are asked to put their masks on. Any student without a mask will not be permitted to enter the studio.
● Students are required to register all classes online.
● Upon entering the studio, give the instructor your name, so you can be “signed in”.
Registering for virtual classes
● You can register for virtual classes in the MindBody app, or from the class schedule on our website.
● Always sign up for classes at least 15 minutes before the class start time, to allow the link to be emailed to you and you’ll have time to login to your class. The Zoom link for every class will be sent to your email 30 minutes before class starts. If the Zoom link email does not appear in your inbox, check your spam or junk folders.
Preparing for your virtual class
● Make certain of your internet connection.
● Log in a few minutes early, and test your audio and video on your device (computer, iPad, tablet, etc.) Say hello to your instructor and yogi friends.
● Give yourself plenty of room to move around.
● The instructor will always let you know if props are required.
Viewing Pre-Recorded video classes
● Pre-recorded classes are available for you to view at your convenience. You have 32 hours to view your pre-recorded class once you have received it.
● Contact Lisa @ 973-452-2828 if you do not receive the link. She will be able to resend the link to you.
● If you do not see a class on the schedule, but want me to send you a link, please contact Lisa 973-452-2828, we will do our best to help you out.